Plan Your Visit to Dubai Frame: Timings, Location, Tickets, and More
The Dubai Frame stands 493 feet tall, giving visitors a bird's eye view of the sprawling city of Dubai. The design was selected from over 900 proposals as part of a competition by the government of Dubai in 2009, and was opened in January 2018. Framing the past (Old Dubai) on one side and the present (New Dubai) on the other, this Dubai landmark is the largest frame in the world, and one that you just cannot miss!
Dubai Frame Timings
Dubai Frame timings are from 9 AM to 9 PM.
The last time of entry is 8:30 PM, 30 minutes before closing.
The landmark is open all year round, although timings may vary during Ramadan.
- Also Known As: Golden Frame Dubai, Dubai Photo Frame, and “The biggest picture frame on the planet”.
- Location: Gate 4, Zabeel Park, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Get directions.
- Opening: Dubai Frame was opened to the public in 2018. Learn more about Dubai Frame.
- Timings: 9 AM - 9 PM.
- Dubai Frame height: 150.24 m (493 ft)
- Dubai Frame width: 95.53 m (313 ft)
- Number of visitors per year: The Dubai Frame was visited by 17.73 million people in 2019.
Best Time to Visit Dubai Frame
The best time to visit Dubai Frame is in the morning and during sunset. You can expect overcrowding during the weekends, but this can be avoided if you visit on weekdays, when there are fewer visitors. Select the date of your choice and visit the attraction anytime between the operating hours. You will also have maximum flexibility in rescheduling to another day with our extended 6-month validity offer from the date of your purchase.
The weather in Dubai can get harsh at times. If you prefer to visit the city when the weather is mild, then going after September will ensure a relaxed and pleasant experience. Please note that Dubai tends to get a little crowded during December - especially during Christmas and New Year’s.
If you’re looking for the best day to visit Dubai Frame, then head out between Sunday to Thursday. You can visit either in the morning to get a stunning panoramic view, or in the evening to witness the sunset and see the city light up after dark.
How to reach Dubai Frame?
Avoid the traffic and get an amazing view as you make your way to Dubai Frame by accessing the most advanced and modern rail system in the UAE. It’s convenient, easy to hop on, and cost-effective. The closest metro station to Dubai Frame is the Al Jafiliya stop on the Red line. Dubai Frame and Zabeel Park are a couple of minute’s walk from the metro station.
If you’re traveling to Dubai from another Emirate, opting for bus services would be the ideal choice. Experience efficient public transportation at a low cost that covers almost 82% of urban Dubai, with intercity routes going to and from Ajam, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, Sharjah, and Hatta. Bus F09 stops at the Dubai Frame bus stop, right next to the building. You can download the RTA Dubai App on App Store or Google Play to find the best possible bus route to Dubai Frame.
Feed in Zabeel Park Gate One on your GPS to reach the public parking near Zabeel Park. From here, Gate 4 also known as the Star Gate is a short walk away.
Views from Dubai Frame
The following are the views you can get from the Dubai Frame. Get a comprehensive list of things to do inside Dubai Frame here.
Situated in Zabeel Park, Dubai Frame is at the very center of the city. From here, you will get to witness the transformation this city has made just within a few decades. On one side of the Frame, you will get to see low-rise buildings, thus witnessing the city’s past. Overlooking Deira, Umm Harare, and Karama, the Frame captures old Dubai.
The frame stands as a symbol by connecting the emirate’s rich past with its breathtaking present, offering a spectacular panoramic view of modern Dubai. With a 360 degree view, you will get to see a stunning collection of aligned glass buildings such as the Burj Khalifa and Emirates Towers.
Witness the Future Exhibition with virtual reality technology as you go down to the mezzanine floor, showing all the new developments and advancements that will take place in the city in the next few decades. It embodies and represents the future through an impressive 3D visual and audio-effective portrayal of Dubai until the next 50 years from now.
Things to Do Near Dubai Frame
Other than just visiting the Dubai Frame, you can combine it with and make a day out of the nearby attractions. Head over to Zabeel Park for an outdoor picnic, visit the Mozaiic Art Gallery, or spend some time playing with dolphins at Dubai Dolphinarium. Here are some other things to do near the Dubai Frame.
Visit the tallest building in the world and look out at the sprawling city around you from the Burj Khalifa. An iconic landmark in Dubai, this architectural marvel is 830 meters tall and visitors can see the city from a bird’s eye view from its 124th and 125th floors. If timed right, you can watch the sunset from here and soak in the view of the sun painting the city a honeyed hue as it sets for the day.Burj Khalifa Tickets
In the heart of the largest mall in the world is the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo. Divided into three ecological zones, this underwater zoo offers entertainment and education. Make new marine friends at the aquarium such as piranhas, otters, lionfish, seahorses, and sand tiger sharks. Don’t miss out on the 10-million-liter Dubai Aquarium Tank, which houses 300+ sharks, and the 48-metre long Aquarium Tunnel.Dubai Aquarium Tickets
Close to the boardwalk is the Dubai Fountain. Presenting a show with sound, light, and water, it is a must-see when in the city. Referred to as the largest musical fountain in the world, this presents no ordinary sound and light show. About 900 ft in height, it has shows in the evening in 30 minute intervals between 6 PM-11 PM through the week (except Fridays).Dubai Fountain
A unique attraction located within Zabeel Park, the Dubai Garden Glow is now open for its sixth season. Explore four unique worlds — Glow Park, Ice Park, Art Park and Dinosaur Park — at this popular landmark. The first of its kind in the world, the Glow Garden is loved by people of all ages. Vibrant colours and beautiful art come together to create a memorable experience.
Dubai Frame Rules and Regulations: Visitor Tips
- It is highly recommended to book your Dubai Frame tickets in advance, especially on weekdays. This will guarantee your entry for the selected slot.
- Due to safety reasons only up to 5 members of single groups are allowed per entry to avoid overcrowding at the venue.
- Child tickets are available at reduced prices. This applies to children between ages 3 to 12. However, they must be accompanied by an adult. Free entry will be granted for children below 3 years.
- People of determination along with 2 companions may enter free of charge.
- Luggage and large bags will not be permitted inside Dubai Frame. You are required to deposit these at a locker at a Gate 4 counter during the duration of your visit.
- Do not lean over the railing.
- Toys and sharp tools aren't allowed in the premises.
- Since strollers can damage the glass flooring, it will not be allowed within the venue. Parents with infants are advised to deposit the stroller at the entrance and carry their child during the visiting period.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in both galleries. However, other parts of the Dubai Frame permit photography.
- You will not be allowed to bring in any food or beverage items into the venue.
- Pets are not allowed into the attraction.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Please wear respectful clothing before entering the Dubai Frame.